The Telangana tourism department is to observe the world heritage day on 18-04-2016. In the view of it here we are providing the Best Heritage Places in Telangana. Before we go with it let us explain about HERITAGE. It is the full range of our inherited traditions, monuments, objects, and culture. Most important, it is the range of contemporary activities, meanings, and behaviors that we draw from them.
Best Heritage Places in Telangana
Best Hyderabad Heritage Places:
HUDA: Hyderabad Urban Development Authority has listed almost 160 buildings in Hyderabad in Telangana city as heritage structures. Almost 70% of heritage buildings are in private hands. Heritage structures include buildings, monuments, rock structures etc. Below check the list of famous places in Hyderabad.
- Golkonda Fort: It is a ruined city and fortress 11 km west of the city of Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh state, India. The city and fortress are built on a granite hill that is 120 meters high and is surrounded by massive crenelated ramparts.
- Charminar: It is is a monument located in the City of Hyderabad which is the capital city of the State of Andhra Pradesh in South India. Charminar is one of the most important landmarks of the city. The monument was built by Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah in 1591 to commemorate the eradication of plague, shortly after he had shifted his capital from Golconda to what now is known as Hyderabad.
- Mecca Masjid: It is near Charminar in the old city of Hyderabad is the biggest mosque in the entire south India.In the sheer size, it ranks third in the country, next only to Jama Masjid in Delhi and the one at Gulbarga. Though Quli Qutb Shah laid the foundation stone for Mecca Masjid in 1614, it has Emperor Aurangzeb who completed its construction in 1687.An estimated 10,000 devotees can offer prayers in the vast hall measuring 67 X 54 meters. Though Quli Qutb Shah , gave the name ” Baitul Atiq ” to this mosque ,a few bricks brought from Mecca ( and still displayed inside the mosque) perpetuated the name ” Mecca Masjid ” for this place of worship.
- Hussain Sagar: It is a lake in Hyderabad, built by Hazrat Hussain Shah Wali in 1562, during the rule of Ibrahim Quli Qutb Shah Wali. It was built on a tributary of the Musi river to meet the water and irrigation needs of Hyderabad, India.It is now popularly known as Tank Bund and has become a tourist destination as well as a local attraction. Once the source of drinking water for the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad
- Salarjung Museum: The Salar Jung Museum is an art museum on the southern bank of the Musi river in the city of Hyderabad.
Best Heritage Places in Warangal:
- Thousand Pillar Temple: It is also known as Rudreshwara Swamy Temple is a historic Hindu temple located in the town of Hanamakonda,Telangana State, India. It is dedicated to Shiva, Vishnu, and Surya.
- Ramappa Temple: It is also known as the Ramalingeswara temple, is located 77 km from Warangal, the ancient capital of the Kakatiya dynasty.
- Warangal Fort:
- Pakhal Lake:
This is the Best Heritage Places in Telangana, Just visit this website regularly for more updates.