Introduction for Khammam tourism
- Khammam a place which covers forests area, Khammam district is located in telangana state.
- Khammama called as Stambhadri Kambhadri, Kambham mettu, Khammam mettu and then finally as Khammam.
- Godavari Rivers flows for 250kms across the district khammam.
- A town in khammam named kothagudem called as Coal town of South India.
- It’s Geography occupies an area of approximately 16,029 square kilometres (6,189 sq mi), comparatively equivalent to Canada’s Bathurst Island.
- Administratively, Khammam is divided into 4 revenue areas and 37 Mandals.
- 10 Assembly Constituencies in Khammam district.
- Koyas constitute about 80% of the ethnic tribal population living in the Dandakaranya forests. There is Telugu Konda Reddis live in thick forests on high mountains. Lambadas, also called Sugalies or Banjaras, always dress up in colorful clothes studded with mirrors, beads and other decorative items. The festival of ‘STAMBHADRI SAMBARALU’ is celebrated every year.
khammam tourist places
Here we provided places to see in khammam, this tourist guide will teach you the best places to visit khammam and it is the part of telangana tourism.
khammam tourist places guide
Nature In Khammam
- Bhadrachalam Temple (Most Famous)
- Kallur -Temple
- Gundala- Temple
- Kusumanchi – Temple
- Sri Venkateshwara Swamy Temple (Telangana Tirupathi)
- Sri Lalitha Parameswari Temple
- Lord Sangameshwara temple, situated in Garla
- Kinnerasani Wildlife Sanctuary
Heritage in Khammam
- Nelakondapalli (mud fortification wall)
- Karukonda hillock (two Buddhist Dagobas and two cells, carved out of the sand rocks)
- Parnasala (Bhadrachalam)
- Khammam Fort
- Perantalapalli – Hills
- Papi Hills or Kondalu
Lakes and Dams in Khammam District
- Palair Lake (Kusumanchi Mandal)
- Lakaram Lake
- Kinnerasani Dam and River in the Godavari Basin at Yanamboil village of Palvoncha mandal
How To Reach Destination of Khammam tourism
- Major Railway Station
- TSRTC Bus services
- Local Car Cabs
- Auto Share
Major shopping centres include Ambedkar junction, the Yellandu Cross Road junction, Lal Bhagjeevan, Telangana Thalli, Gandhi Chowk, Kaman Bazar, Mayuri center, etc.
This is the complete guide for Khammam tourism visitors.