About Medak District and Places
- Medak is a town located in the Medak District of Telangana State, India, situated at a
distance of 104 km north of Hyderabad.
- The original name of Medak was Siddapuram, which was later called Gulshanabad, and now Medak.
- The name Medak comes from the Telugu word methuku, which means “cooked rice grain.”
- Locals in Medak celebrate various festivals of Telangana, notably the festival of
Bathukamma, a 9-day long worship of patron goddess of womanhood, Maha Gauri.
- The goddess is worshipped in the form of the Bathukamma. Other notable festivals celebrated in Medak include Bonalu and Peerla Panduga, celebrated by both Hindus and Muslims.
:: Medak Tourism ::
Best Medak District Tourist Places
We already discussed about Telangana Tourism and it’s best places. which guides how to
reach attraction of telangana state tourism.
Now, it’s time for medak city guide. which covers medak tourism places, medak sightseeing, weather medak and map, hotels in medak district.
Historical Religious Temples
There are many historical temples in Medak, which attract tourists such as
- Shri Saraswathi Kshetramu, near Ananthasagar.
- Edupayala Durga Bhavani Gudi.
- Sapta Prakaryuta Bhavani Temple at Ismailkhanpet.
- Sri Kethaki Sangameshwara Swamy at Jharasangam.
- Kasi Visweswara temple at Kalpagoor.
- Kotilingeshwara swamy temple.
- Joginatha temple.
- Veerabhadra Swamy Temple at Bonthapally.
- Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple at Nacharam Gutta
- Vidya Saraswathi Kshetram at Wargal.
- Velupugonda Sri Tumburunatha Devalayam
- Alladrug shrine of Veerabhadra
- Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple
- Sri Ramalingeswara Swamy Temple at Nandikandi.
- Sri Venkateswara Rukmini Panduranga Temple at gadimohalla.
- Sri Rechanna Swamy Temple at badampet.
- Sri Sangameshwar Temple at Mogudampally (Up_p_arpally tanda)
- Sri Kuchadri Venkateswara Swamy Temple at kuchanpalli.
- Sri Basaweshwara Swamy Temple at jharasangam.
- Sri Trilingeswara Alayam at yellareddypet.
- Medak Cathedral or Medak Church.
Monuments in Medak
- Hill Fort (Built by Rajas of Warangal)
- Mubarak Mahal
- Gottam Gutta
- Qutub Shahi Mosque, Arab Khan Mosque and Inscriptions
- Inscriptions(Inscription carved on a Granite Slab)
- Jaina Temples
- Ruined Tombs
- Subedar Office Building at Patancheru
- Edithanur cave
Forest and wildlife sanctuary
- Methukudurgam fortress or Medak fort
- Pocharam Wildlife Sanctuary
lakes and Reservoirs
- Idyllic lake
- Yerra Cheruvu
- Komati Cheruvu
- Manjeera and Singur reservoirs
- Nizam Sagar Dam
- Pocharam Reservoir
- Haritha Hotel Nacharam
- Haritha Lake View Resort Singur
- Haritha Heritage Hotel, Medak Fort