#MusiRiverMasterPlans #HyderabadTourism #India
History Introduction: The fifth sultan, Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah, established Hyderabad on the banks of the Musi River in 1591, to avoid the water shortages experienced at Golkonda.
Before Telangana Formed:
Due to indiscriminate urbanization and lack of planning, the river has become a receptacle of untreated domestic and industrial waste dumping out of Hyderabad. It is estimated that nearly 350 MLD (million litres a day) of polluted water and sewage originating from Hyderabad and Secunderabad flow into the river. Efforts to clean it have failed. The river water downstream of the cities remains highly polluted, considered a major disaster in Hyderabad. Great Musi Flood was a devastating flood that occurred on 28 September 1908 in the Hyderabad state capital on the banks of Musi river. The flood, locally known as Thughyani Sitambar, shattered the life of the people living in Hyderabad, killing 50,000 people
After Telangana Formed:
The Telangana government plans to clean the polluted water in Musi river. The government Master planned to fund 6,600 Crore for Musi, In it almost 850 Crore For the removal of polluted water. The Only agenda is to make Hyderabad City a Global city in India.
- 6,600 crore Master Plan for development.
- A plan is on chords to lay 42 km six-lane stretch on Musi river from east to west in the city.
- 850 crore to Avoid Musi river polluted water.
- The Funds will be provided by the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
- IT Minister KTR to meet with Chairman of NABARD COMPANY On March 9th, 2016, for the developments of Music River.
Conclusion: We team of Telangana Tourism info website congratulates first chief minister of Telangana Kalvakuntla. Chandra Shekar Rao for Musi River New Designs project.