Introduction of Nalgonda District Tourism
- Nalgonda District is a district in the Telangana state of India. Nalgonda was earlier
called Neelagiri by Rajput rulers and the name was finally changed to Nallagonda after its conquest by Bahamani king.
- It has a population of 3,483,648 of which 13.32% is urban as of 2011.
- Etymology: Its name is derived from two Telugu words Nalla (Black) & Konda (Hills) i.e. the Black Hills.
- History: Nalgonda was earlier referred to as Neelagiri, the name given by some Rajput rulers and the name was changed to Nallagonda only after its conquest by Allauddin Bahaman Shah, a Bahamani king.
Nalgonda Tourism Information
Here we provided Nalgonda travel guide with best places of Nalgonda district as it was the part of Telangana tourism.
There are many places of Nalgonda tourist attractions, as different cultures, languages, traditions, religions, civilizations and amazing art and beautiful sculptures carved on the black stone.
Temples in Nalgonda District:
- Yadagiri Gutta or (Yadadri) Or Telangana TTD – Lord Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy.
- PillalaMarri – Lord Shiva.
- Sri Jain Mandir at Kolanupaka village.
- Sri Chaya Someswara swamy Temple is located in Panagal village.
- Swayambhu Sambhulingeswara Swami.
- Yogananda Narasimha Swami temple at Matapalli.
- Sri Lakshmi Narasimha swamy temple – Palem Village.
- Trilingeswara Aalayam (Shivalayam) – Nagulapahad
- Veerabhadreswara Aalayam – Nagulapahad
- Suryapet temple.
- Veeranarayana swamy temple.
- Sitaramachandra Swami temple – Huzurnagar.
- Durga Navaratri Utsavalu at Kanakadurgamma Temple
- Sri Pachalasomeswara Swamy temple – Panagal.
- Someswara group of temples.
- Trikuta temple – Nagulapadu.
- Sri Amaralingeswara Swamy Temple.
- Ugranarsimha swamy temple.
- Basavanna temple – Koravaram.
- Sri Adi Varaha Laxmi Narasimha and Venugopala swamy temple.
- Sri Parvathi Bhimeswara swamy temple.
- Kanaka Durga Ammavari Temple.
- Sri Rajarajeswari Devi temple.
Bhoodan Pochampally village.
Vaadapalli or Triveni sangamam.
- Panagal Utsavalu
- Mellacheruvu architecture
- Panagal archeological museum
Monuments and Mosque
- Rachakonda Fort – Choutuppal.
- Bhuvanagiri Fort.
- Buddhist structures and pillared halls – Nandikonda.
- Samsthan Rajapeta Fort.
- Monolithic Pillar.
- Buddhist & Andhra site
- Kapiralagutta Fort.
- Devarakonda fort.
- Sri Fort Khilla (Rajakota) Or Rajapeta Samsthanam Or Telangana Dakshina Mahadwaram.
- Undrugondadurgam (fort)
- Muslim tomb in Nagulapadu village.
- Fortifications of kakatiya.
Dames, Lakes and Rivers:
- Nagarjunasagar dam.
- Tank bund of Panagal in Nalgonda.
Water Falls and Parks
- Ethipothala Waterfalls
Hotels and Resorts