Siddulagutta Sri Vendikonda Siddheswara Swamy Temple
Here we discuss a famous temple spot located in Rangareddy district tourism is a part of Telangana tourism. “Siddulagutta” at Shamshabad. Shamsabad is a suburb, located at the south of Hyderabad, Telangana State, India.
Sri Vendikonda Siddheswara Swamy Temple (Gudi) or known as Siddulagutta.
6 AM to 8 PM (Daily)
Shamshabad village and Mandal in Ranga Reddy District.
History of Siddulagutta:
- Sri Vendikonda Siddeshwara Swamy Temple is a beautiful temple in a peaceful and calm locality near Shamshabad to Rallaguda Road, Rangareddy.
- The Temple is located on the terrace of a hill and is dedicated to Lord Siva. There are two subsidiary shrines namely Ammavari Temple and Bhavani Matha Temple which are connected by a maha mandapa supported by 32 pillars.
- In the Temple complex, there are also other Temples dedicated to Vinayaka, Anjaneya and Siva located on either side of the complex.
- There is a step well called “Gundam” with perennial water. In front of the gundam (water tank) a Sivalinga and Nandi datable to the 7th century A.D are installed.
- There are two pillars inside the mahamandapa in typical Rastrakuta style
datable to the 8th century A.D.
- The main structure of the mosque is sandwiched between two massive octagonal columns made out of a single piece of granite.
- The four sides of the roof of the main mosque and the ramparts are made of granite planks in the shape of inverted conches.
- In the Siva Temple and Ammavari Temple, Sivalinga and Parvati datable to the 10th Century A.D are installed. The Kalyana mandapam and Anjaneya Swamy Temple located on the left side of the complex are datable to the Kakatiya period.
The Ganesha image in the Vinayaka Temple is in seated posture and is in typical Kakatiya style datable to the 13th Century A.D.
- Another temple is located at siddulagutta is Sri Veerabadhra swamy alayam.
This is in fact a very popular temple for film shootings, almost every telugu movie temple scene has been shot here.
Siva Idol at Siddulagutta, Shamshabad
How to reach:
TSRTC Via Buses
- Shamshabad village is located nearly 30 km from the district headquarters of Hyderabad and is well accessible by road.
- From DilsukhNagar via Malakpet – Tadban – Shamshabad – Rallaguda Road 25 kms
- From Jadcharla via ShadNagar – Shamshabad – Rallaguda Roadd 66 kms
- From Secunderabad Via Abids – Koti – AfzalGung – Tadban -Shamshabad 28 Kms
- From Uppal via LB Nagar – SantoshNagar – Shivarampally 32 kms
SCR Via Trains
- There is a railway station at Shamshabad by the name Umdanagar, which is part of the South Central Railway, Indian Railways.
AIR: (At Present under construction)
- Shamshabad boasts the brand-new Hyderabad International Airport, which commenced operations on March 23, 2008. The airport site totals 5,400-acre (22 km2) in area and the GPS coordinates are 17″15′ North and 78″25′ East.
Hotel’s and Resorts
Source: Bhakti Tv, Etv