New Delhi: The Telangana State Bags 8 National Tourism Awards. Telangana State got best awards in Swachata hi sewa, tourism promotion publicity material, Maintained and Disabled Friendly monument, civic management tourist destination in India (GHMC), stand-alone convention center, Medical Tourism facility (Apollo Health City, Hyderabad) and Heritage City (Warangal).
As part of International Tourism Day, President Ramnath Kovind participated as chief guest at a program held in Vignan Bhavan in Delhi. Kovind distributed eight awards to the State Tourism Department officials, on the occasion of World Tourism Day on 27th September.
Addressing the gathering, Ramnath Kovind said that the tourism is one of the largest industries in the world and its development would help in strengthening the country’s economy.
Tourism Secretary Burra Venkatesham, MD Christina Z Chongtu, Commissioner Sunith Bhagavat, Chowmahalla Palace Special officer Kishan Rao, Hyderabad Mayor B Rammohan, Commissioner Janardhan Reddy, Warangal Urban Collector Amra Pali, Mayor Narender and others attended the program.
Here is the list of Awards for Telangana State:
- Swachhata Award.
- Best Tourist Guide.
- Best Tourism Promotion Publicity Material.
- Best Heritage City (Warangal).
- Best Maintained and Disabled-Friendly Monument.
- Civic Management of a Tourist Destination in India (GHMC).
- Best Stand Alone Convention Centre (Leonia International Centre for Exhibitions and Conventions).
- Best Medical Tourism Facility (Apollo Health City, Hyderabad).