Warangal Tourism information
Intro about Warangal District
- Warangal previously known as Orugallu Nagaram and Ekasila Nagaram, it is the one of finest city with the the district headquarters of Warangal district located in 148 kilometers (92 mi) northeast of TelanganaStateCapital Hyderabad (We already presented detailed regarding information on HyderabadTourism).
- The name warangal indicates Tri-cities other are hanamkonda and kazipet.
- In 2014 Govt of india proposed best HRIDAY – Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana.
Warangal city is the second fastest growing city after hyderabad city.
Warangal Tourism Details
- Warangal, once the capital of the Kakatiya Kingdom.
- WGL TOURISM Most famous for Warangal’s History, with beautiful lakes, fine temples, rich fauna & flora have contributed to its importance as a Tourist Centre.
- It has beautiful Lakes , Forts, Architectural Monuments, Wild Life Sanctuary, Musical Garden , Rock Garden, Vana Vigyana Kendra, Regional Science Centre.
Warangal Tourism places and attractions
We discuss about complete best tourist places in warangal district, which makes every visitor miracle.
Temples in warangal district
- In wgl temples were mostly constructed in 11th and 12th century.
- Bhadrakali Temple or Sri Bhadrakali Devasthanam
- Thousand Pillars Temple or Sri Rudreswara swamy temple
- Padmakshi Amma Temple
- Ramappa Temple
- Sri Mallikarjuna swamy Devasthanam, Komuravelli
- Mallikarjuna swamy, (Inavolu, Ailoni)
- Sammakka and Saralamma Jathara, also called as medaram.
- Veerabhadra swamy, kuravi.
- Swayambhu temple, fort warangal.
- Someshwara laxminarasimha swamy temple (Palakurthy)
- Ramachandra Swamy temple
- Ganapeswara swamy temple (Kotagullu – Station Ghanapuram)
- Ghanpur Group of Temples
- Trikuta Temple (Nidigonda Village)
- Trikuta Temple (Kondaparthy Village)
- Siva Temple – Jakaram village.
- Panchakuta temple – Ramanujapur village
- Reddygudi temple – Ghanpur village
- Angadiveerannagudi (Jain temple) – Bairanpalli village
- Siva Temple – Gudur
- Lord Siva Temple – Katrapalli
- Narasimha swamy temple – Bussapur village
- Sri Durga Malleswara Swamy Temple – Kothur village
- Ekavira Temple – Mogilicherla village
- Two Trikuta Temples – Katakshapur village
- Mettu Gutta
- Ayyappaswami Temple
- Govindarajula Gutta
Architectural Kakatiya Monuments
- Warangal Fort or Khila Warangal.
- Shitab Khan Palace.
- Shambhunigudi (Fort Warangal)
- Stone Circles (Alipur,Hnk)
- Cairns (HunterRoad)
- Inscriptions – Urusgutta
- Survay Paparayudu Fort – Quilashapur village
- Fort & Gadi (Thatikonda village)
- Fort (Fortification bastions & Gateways) Zaffargadh village
- Fort ( built by Zafaruddaula) Wardannapet
- Stone Circles Sidapur
- Khush Mahal
- Pandavulagutta /pandavula guhalu
- Dolmon burials at Tadwai forest. (Found after research in Oct 2015)
Warangal Districts Lakes and Rivers, Waterfalls
- Pakhal Lake
- Laknavaram Lake (With Boating)
- Muner River
- Ramappa lake
- Dharmasagar River
- Waddepalli Lake
- katakshapur river
- Bheemuni Paadam
- Eturnagaram wildlife sanctuary
Gardens and parks
- kakatiya musical garden
- kakatiya rock garden
- Public garden
- Zoo Park
- Ekashila Park
Resorts and Hotels
Govt Hotel cum Residency by team tourism:
A special hotel for tourist constructed by TSTOURISM department named as HarithaHaram located at Nakkalagutta.
- Haritha Hotel Hanamkonda
- Haritha Hotel Laknavaram
- Haritha Hotel Ramappa
- Ashoka (Near Hnk Chowrastha)